Thursday, January 24, 2008

Dave Kleinman (USA 185)


Name: Dave Kleinman
Nickname: DaveK
Sail No: 185 is my best sail. The rest have different numbers.
Boat name: Crash Monkey
Country: Texas (We have that option to succeed)
Sailing Club: Who's Ever YC. I'm not picky.
Weight: 175
Height: 6'2"
Age: 45

Number of years sailing (and on what)? From the age of 7 but, on lead mines. The bigger the better is what I thought until 4 years ago. My son turned 7 and he needed to learn sailing so I bought a performance dinghy (US1) and realized I was the person learning how to sail.... That boat is like a Finn.. I have literally hiked my shorts off it. Plumbers butt is not pretty.

Number of years sailing the contender? Zero.

Why did you get on the Contender? Cause I'm suicidal. Seriously.... the Garda Vid, I hate hiking and I want to race single handed with 1 sail.

Number of Worlds? Nada.

Favourite Worlds Moment? I got nothing.

Favourite Food? Falafel.

How do you keep in shape? I'm working on that part. St. Pete said hello to my body and if your gonna sail this boat, get in shape now!

Stupidest thing you've done on the boat? Take a Contender sailing for the first time in 30+ winds. Ended up with 11 holes in the bottom and stuck on a lee shore in freezing cold weather for 2 hours.

Goals for the 2008 Worlds? Be there!

What you'd like to do/see at the 2008 Worlds? Have a great time!

No comments: