Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Jacqueline Ruefenacht (SUI 82)


Name: Jacqueline Ruefenacht
Nickname: Jac
Sail No: SUI 82
Boat name: Nadjeshda
Country: Switzerland
Sailing Club: Thunersee Yachtclub
Weight: depends - from 62-66
Height: 1.73 m
Age: nearly 31


Number of years sailing (and on what)? 13 - 420, 470, CONTENDER - and various sins on types which I call "Trucks" or "Lead-transporters"

Number of years sailing the contender? Uh, started in late summer '99. So - 8? But the first three it was more swimming than sailing!

Why did you get on the Contender? My 470 crew didn't have any more time - I wanted a single hander. But the common boats do not have a trapeze - they're too boring. What's more: I love wooden boats! So was there any choice?!?

Number of Worlds? 3 (Garda 04, Travemuende 05, Medemblik 07).

Favourite Worlds Moment? first surf on a wave.

Favourite Food? Raclette.

How do you keep in shape? my job does it for me...and the way to get there (bicycle).

Stupidest thing you've done on the boat? Many! Well, here's the story that takes the cake: Europeans 06, I start close to the pin end, some heavy guys overpass windwards - I get in a panic for losing the good position - and - tack. Alone against 90 others, without the right of way. No need to explain the consequences....

Goals for the 2008 Worlds? Have a good time and no damages.

What you'd like to do/see at the 2008 Worlds? Heaps of contenders.

Any other comments? Come on guys. Look, I'm not a good sailor, don't expect fame, but I am flying to Canada because the event is important for the class as whole. So do the same!!!

No comments: